Since you are just setting out with this SE, you might appreciate to hear about my learning experience: I've been a moderator on Bitcoin.SE for more than two years now, and I have spent a lot of time on fixing tags there: Tagging can quickly grow rampantly, when not cultivated.
E.g. when I started the clean-up, we had lots of
- meta-tags (describing the type of question instead of the topic), e.g. definition, opinion, comparison
- ambiguous tags, e.g. future, computing, offline
- too broad tags, e.g. mining and transaction were on more than 10% of our questions
- duplicate tags, e.g. jargon, terms, vocabulary, and terminology
So, perhaps consider these ideas to evaluate tags:
What properties do good tags have?
- Descriptive. Does the tag add valuable information when it is added to a question?
- Representative. Can the tag be the only tag of a question?
- Unambiguous. Does the tag commonly mean the same thing for different people?
- Confined. Does the tag create a specific, well-defined category?
- Meaningful. Can you see anyone at some point subscribing to the tag or searching for related questions by using the tag?
- Constrictive. Can you see anyone using this tag to ignore a topic?
- Unique. Is there a very similar tag that is more popular which could be applied instead?
If a tag's usefulness is contested, think about whether its name or definition could be improved, but finally rather err on allowing it.
The good news is that your tagging looks pretty already. Lots of tags have descriptions and most seem to be good ones.
I'd just like to point out a few tags that we've already had run-ins with on Bitcoin.SE:
- mining and transaction ended up on almost 10% of our questions in the end. I suggest that you try to start out with a more diverse array of tags in those areas from the start. For some ideas see here: mining and transactions
- development tended to be misused for any and all questions about software development. Perhaps you would like to clarify it to monero-development or similar.
- We have a bunch of tags along the lines of merchants which we haven't found a good clean-up for, yet. Perhaps you can get a head start by offering a few more specifically defined tags such as face-to-face-payments, webshop-integration, and merchant-address-management.
- We found security and attack a bit too broad in the long-term and have since added more tags for specific topics such as majority-attack, race-attack, ….
Believe me, it's much easier to do a little work now than cleaning up tags with 1400 questions later because the tag encompasses a huge part of all topics on your SE. ;)
I'd be happy to help or advise, if you are interested. I'm usually hanging out in chat, and will be looking at this SE from time to time. :)